Have you ever marveled at your child’s cuteness? Do you ever gaze at your child, and think if only you could freeze the moment? Do you wish to reflecton your child’s precociousness later and keep reminiscing it over and over again t? Here we have some absolutely valuable advice that would be of immense help to you, should you think of capturing your kid in photographs. If you wonder what might you need to know in order to successfully arrangea photo-shoot, here we have some tips shared by the aces of photography. We have interviewed few doyens of photography from MSW studio, the bestphotographer for kids, to help us with some tips and have enumerated those below—
1. Natural Environment— For kids photography, always stick to the their natural environment so that they are not fazed by anything during a photo-shoot. Choose an environment that the kid has visited earlier, has always been playing around or has his or her beloved ones around. This provides them with inner sense of security and thus the photos blossom with the kid’s mood. You may hug the apple of your eye with endearment for a perfect capture.
2. Natural expression: Be it the ‘go pound sand’ expression or a countenance of pure bliss, whatever is natural, is the best. Do not try to overdo the expression. Do not compel the kid for any expression. The perfect mien is that which is natural. At MSW, the photographers patiently wait for the child to show variant expressions all by themselves while being in their play.
3. Try to engage them into something: Kids give their best while being engrossed in some act. Be it simply playing with the bed-sheet placed over or a mat or grass or a prop, you can get a smorgasbord of delightful expressions, when a child is at a play or asked momentarily to step out of the play.
4. Put the camera overhead: While capturing a new born or a toddler, quite a great shot is captured, if the camera is over the baby’s head. Make the baby to look up into the camera and click. This would enliven your newborn photography.
5. Hair works magic: Tousled hair when captured over a cute baby face, always look beautiful and add to the picturesque effect of the photograph. Try to customize the light for the hair to look like a halo or to give an effect of an aureole. If sunlight is flickered over the hair, the ambient effect would look like that of a nimbus surrounding the head. Ask your baby photographer for this look. like colour. Whenever in doubt, ask your kids photographer.
6. Customized lighting: If the kid is winter complexioned i.e., shows ‘blue’ veins on the wrist and has lighter skin and dark hair, try to use a camera light with blue undertone. If the baby is summer complexioned i.e., has light skin and light hair, turn the camera light to a sunny undertone or yellow hue. If the baby is autumn i.e., warmer skin tone and dark hair or spring ie., warmer skin tone and lighter hair, turn the camera light to sunset yellow or an orange
7. Apparels and Outfits: The kid’s dress could certainly make or break the day. For kids fashion photography, if the child is winter complexioned, try to use cooler colours like violet, purple, pink, blue and such. If the baby is summer complexioned try to use reds and corals. If the baby is autumn or spring complexioned, use peach, orange and other autumn and spring colours.
8. Outdoors and apparels: If you are shooting outdoors, try to maximize the effect of the ambience to your benefit, by choosing the right colours and settings according to your and your kid’s preference. If the kid is wearing long cotton dress, try to set the camera in a breezy ambience. If woolen apparels are chosen, stick to misty ambience. Any kids photographer in Delhi would love to take a misty morning photograph in a lovely garden backdrop.
9. Props: Props enhance the activity and thus variegate the expression a kid displays. Choose the same color props as the ambience for a synchronized or monochrome effect. Doing so the prop will look like an essential part of the surrounding. For further guidance ask the experts at MCW studios. Do make the prop relevant to the kid’s age.
10. Capture videos in slow mode: For newborn photography, capture videos in slow motion and grasp snaps out of the video for superb shots. Candid expressions can thus be captured.
Summary: For kids photography, always stick to the their natural environment so that they are not fazed by anything during a photo-shoot. Choose an environment that the kid has visited earlier, has always been playing around or has his or her beloved ones around. While capturing a new born or a toddler, quite a great shot is captured, if the camera is over the baby’s head. Ask the baby to look up into the camera and click. This would enliven your newborn photography.